Sunday, October 31, 2021

Acrylic painting on postcards

 

A Christmas hand painted postcard. Acrylic on photographic paper. 
Pine trees in a field of flowers. There is snow on the ground but the pines are bright green like the ones I have at home.

I have painted these postcards as part of my research and practice on Abstract Impressionism and Abstract Expressionism. The subject is whatever comes to my mind at the moment I am painting them.

Sympathy or funeral flowers postcard. Acrylic on photographic paper.

This one has the feeling of a postcard for sympathy and it seems I am still doubting which side is the up and which is down. It is also related to Halloween season.

A field of yellow flowers Impressionist postcard. Acrylic on photographic paper.

This postcard above is absolutely Impressionist, and has a lot of texture.
The technique for all: I begin with a non figurative colorful acrylic pour. I work on it with different impressions and then I finalize with a brush and sometimes markers.

A pregnant lady girl with flowers postcard. Acrylic on photographic paper.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MyriamMahiques?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

The pregnant girl is the result of a non figurative morphology under which I imagined the naive figure, the rounded belly, the wind in the hair, and the flowers which are an intentional touch of color and happiness in the overall gloomy blue.

Hippopotamus postcard art. Acrylic on photographic paper.

The Hippopotamus is the only one intentional. I have taken the model from one of my pictures at the San Diego Zoo. The real Hippopotamus is brown but I preferred the blend of black, silver, white and purple, with touches of silver glitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...