Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Two versions of my Jack O´lantern. Dos versiones de mis calabazas de Halloween


The first time I carved a squash for Halloween, I didn´t have any special tools. Worst of all, my youngest daughter asked me to help her with it, but many days before it was required to bring to school. So, I didn´t count on the main problem: it would rotten soon. There was an exhibition and ours was not the only one that showed the consequences of time, not like this painting, but it was a little ruined on top. The next one is a softer version:


This particular Halloween, a friend of mine gave me her remaining squash, not a Jack O´lantern, it was full, but it was a huge one. She said she lived alone and didn´t know what to do with it, after all it is food, isn´t it?
So, I cooked pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie, pumpkin salad, pumpkin this and that..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...